At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre-defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
How would you like to help create the next great digital product for Dungeons & Dragons®? We are looking for a hardworking, inspirational, and experienced Principal Software Engineer to join our team in bringing D&D to life!
- Work with other high-talent, high-experience developers that share your passions.
- Collaborate directly with designers and artists to create story-telling technologies.
- Mentor and educate team members in how best to architect and implement clients and services in support of large-scale, online gaming platforms.
- Think creatively to find elegant solutions to complex problems across a wide range of subject areas.
What You'll Do:
- Innovate on new and existing Dungeons & Dragons creative processes to better deliver enjoyable, accessible, engaging, narrative experiences for our existing and new players.
- Drive quality, extensible, architecture that scales, is efficient to operate, and resilient enough for the challenges of live game operations.
- Share knowledge and experience with your team, working hands-on with them to achieve success, and help define the team's ever growing coding processes and standards.
- Work within the Unreal Engine to design and create flexible systems to support various methods of gameplay
- Rapidly prototype a variety of concepts to actualize the product vision.
What You’ll Bring:
- 10 years experience crafting video game technology.
- 5 years experience as a principal engineer or senior engineer.
- 5 years experience making games using the Unreal Engine.
- Extensive experience writing software in C++.
- Experience architecting and building networked multiplayer games.
- The genuine enjoyment of working with others.
- A motivated individual with experience creating and playing RPGs, especially D&D and a preference towards prioritizing teamwork in order to achieve success.
- Communicates well and does not hesitate to initiate dialog with the relevant partners.
- A passion for mentoring, guiding, and inspiring teams of engineers.
- Willingness to help troubleshoot and resolve technical problems as they arise.
- Experience working with other engineering and product teams to integrate multiple service technologies.
- Familiarity with multiple 3D engines (Unity3D, Unreal Engine, proprietary, etc.) and programming languages (C#, C++).
- Extensive knowledge of interactive software production processes, timelines, tools, and methodologies, especially in a live product environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please let your recruiter or coordinator know.
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation range for this role. The range listed is just one component of Wizards of the Coast’s total compensation package for employees. Employees may also be eligible for annual and long-term incentives. In addition, Wizards of the Coast provides a variety of benefits to employees. Here’s a look at what your benefits package may include: Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation Time & Holidays, Generous 401(k) match, Paid Parental Leave, Volunteer Program, Employee Giving & Matching Gifts Programs, Tuition Reimbursement, Product Discounts, and more.