At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre-defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
How would you like to help create the next great digital product for Dungeons & Dragons®? We are looking for a hardworking, curious, and creative Software Engineer to join our team in bringing D&D to life!
- Work with other high-talent, high-experience developers that share your passions.
- Collaborate directly with designers and artists to create story-telling technologies.
- Implement in client and work with services in support of large-scale, online gaming platforms.
What You'll Do:
- Aid creative team members in actualizing their vision for delivering a more enjoyable, accessible, and engaging Dungeons & Dragons® digital experience.
- Collaborate with fellow engineers to implement extensible features that scale, operate efficiently, and are resilient enough for the challenges of live game operations.
- Work with engineering leadership to provide estimates and resources required to bring project features to life.
- Participate in and help assess playtests as the project grows.
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of professional software development experience.
- Professional experience with Unreal Engine
- Constructive and inquisitive communication skills with diverse groups of people in various roles.
- Ability to conduct effective requirements gathering and analysis.
- Willingness to help diagnose and resolve technical problems as they arise.
- Passion to design and write clean, maintainable code in C++
Nice to Have:
- Working knowledge of Unreal Engine editor and tools.
- Experience building and maintaining Unreal Engine Blueprints.
- Experience working with other engineering and product teams to integrate multiple service technologies.
- Strong understanding of Client/Server architecture.
- Familiarity with Unreal's Gameplay Ability System.
- Knowledge of interactive software production processes, timelines, tools, and methodologies, especially in a live product environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please let your recruiter or coordinator know.
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation range for this role. The range listed is just one component of Wizards of the Coast’s total compensation package for employees. Employees may also be eligible for annual and long-term incentives. In addition, Wizards of the Coast provides a variety of benefits to employees. Here’s a look at what your benefits package may include: Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation Time & Holidays, Generous 401(k) match, Paid Parental Leave, Volunteer Program, Employee Giving & Matching Gifts Programs, Tuition Reimbursement, Product Discounts, and more.