At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre-defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
We are currently seeking an experienced Creative Producer for our Digital Licensing - Gaming and Gambling Production team to assist in leading overall project and game design development efforts for multiple brands by providing guidance and/or direction to licensee development teams. This position reports to the Director of Creative Production –Digital Licensing and is based in our corporate offices in Pawtucket, RI.
What You'll Do:
- Lead Digital Media efforts with internal and external teams to ensure on-time production efforts, to ensure world-wide consistency in product quality and game experience, and to provide project visibility for management.
- Responsible for guiding the development, creative direction, project timeline, and report project progress to key partners.
- Handling overall risk analysis and the project scope, track projects from concept to launch and insure brand integrity and quality.
- Be the voice of the project, communicate to Sr. Management, key Stakeholders, sales and marketing teams.
- Coordinate the matrix team required to deliver sophisticated products including legal, project management, marketing, sales, designers, developers.
- Ensure that product designs are appropriate for brand strategy, target demographic and platform.
- Demonstrates well-developed sense of creativity, foresight, and mature design, development and creative judgment in anticipating and solving problems.
- Monitor and evaluate Gambling Segment financial performance and quality metrics. Make recommendations for business and product adjustments.
What You'll bring:
- 3 to 5 years experience as a licensor or producer in a video or mobile gaming company.
- Shipped at least 1 title in the last 1 to 2 years as a producer or designer.
- Experienced at handling significant contracts with external vendors and project teams.
- Great understanding of casino games and real money gaming compliance, jurisdictions, trends, and regulatory bodies.
- Knowledge of online casino game design, with focus on game usage for all platforms, both regarding usability and performance.
- Knowledge of real money games and player psychology and the ability to create designs for specific markets and players.
- Knowledge of industry developments and trends within console, PC, mobile, and social gaming as well as trends in similar industries like consumer electronics, entertainment, media and wireless.
- Thorough understanding of the development process, with shown ability to lead new game development from concept through release as well as localization.
- Consistent record of successful (e.g. on time, on spec) project management with external development studios.
- Experience should include projects for a wide range of platforms and demographics.
- Able to coordinate multiple external studios or production companies in the development of interactive product.
- Able to review functional specifications and design documents for completeness and accuracy.
- Able to evaluate game builds for progress and quality.
- Proven organizational and time management skills.
- A strong teammate with leadership ability.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Relationship management skills.
- Proficiency in project management software including MS Project and Excel.
- Maintains knowledge and skills in new technology and design methods, and stays on top of gaming trends.
- Strong sense of retail potential of new game concepts and ability to make the right choices to bring the most promising games to market.
Nice to Have:
- BA/BS degree
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please let your recruiter or coordinator know.
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation range for this role. The range listed is just one component of Wizards of the Coast’s total compensation package for employees. Employees may also be eligible for annual and long-term incentives. In addition, Wizards of the Coast provides a variety of benefits to employees. Here’s a look at what your benefits package may include: Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation Time & Holidays, Generous 401(k) match, Paid Parental Leave, Volunteer Program, Employee Giving & Matching Gifts Programs, Tuition Reimbursement, Product Discounts, and more.