At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
The Platform Shared Engineering Services team is backfilling our Senior Technical Product Owner role! This key team member is the face of our outstanding engineering team as we receive a wide variety of requests from our near infinite partners throughout the company. Multiple internal and external teams require updates to the services under our control and this person holds their hand through the process. We own a variety of business-critical systems including the Accounts System (GDPR, COPPA, SAR, OAuth, Social Auth), Ecommerce and Social connections to our 3rd party partners, code redemption system, internal accounts admin portal, and all of the vital infrastructure and CI/CD pipelines.
As our company (and parent company) becomes increasingly digital, this position shepherds technical and non-technical teams through our platform engineering processes. Ownership of this process includes collaborating on the verified business value of the request, prioritizing the work against other asks while balancing against tech debt, communicating the overall team roadmap and delivery timelines to our leadership and customers during the process. Upon delivery, this role ensures the definition of done matches the overall project goal and ensures customer satisfaction.
What You'll Do:
- Act as agile Product Owner for 1-2 teams of 3-5 engineers.
- Be solely accountable for the team's priority list through business value, validity of the team vision though roadmap and backlog, engineering efficiency through quality of user stories, and representing our customers in all agile ceremonies.
- Consistently collaborate with your team of engineers, tech managers and directors, producers/project managers, QA, BI, and UX staff.
- Own and balance multiple points of entry for Platform requests.
- Use well-written communication via email and chat, Confluence documentation, service desk ticketing, and more.
- Build and strengthen multiple relationships at all seniority levels.
- Traffic requests that originate from multiple areas of importance.
- Earn a reputation for collaboration and increasingly better project delivery.
- Leave the team happier and more efficient than you found it.
What You'll Bring:
- 2+ years working with a dozen or more partners on shared technical services at a company of 500-1500 enthusiastic team members.
- Deep understanding, strategically and tactically, of Agile systems.
- Day-to-Day experience working with Infrastructure, Accounts, or other business critical systems for a large company. Experience successfully shipping features to internal and external partners that require them for daily operations.
- Proven experience being the voice of an engineering team to discover additional requirements, fit in tech debt with feature work, and celebrate releases to the larger organization.
- Strong attention to detail and an eye toward understanding inter-dependencies and strong experience to identify and communicate possible future roadblocks.
- Comfortable with addressing and removing uncertainty while navigating shifting requirements during project refinement.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please let your recruiter or coordinator know.