At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
Atomic Arcade is a brand-new video game development studio located in the Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina area led by industry veterans from AAA game and film studios. We are in the process of staffing up our development team with outstanding talent to build our first multi-platform, AAA game - a bold, new take on the GI JOE Universe starring the legendary character Snake Eyes! This is an excellent opportunity to not only build an outstanding AAA experience but to also help form the core foundations for the studio and team to build upon. We are proud to be part of Wizards of the Coast which is a division Hasbro.
We are seeking a passionate, experienced, team-oriented Engineering Manager that has a love for games and technology with experience managing engineering teams to help us build an outstanding AAA, 3rd Person Action/Adventure game.
We're looking for a strong, multi-disciplinary leader to manage a team of engineers developing and maintaining solutions that enable our partners to focus on game play.
We are a full-stack team and do everything from web to infrastructure and builds in some of the latest technologies like Go, Istio, and serverless services. Come join us and help redefine technology and software engineering at Wizards of the Coast!
What You'll Do:
- Manage multiple teams and pods of engineers on the team, both in their tasks as well as morale, career growth and future planning.
- Work with the tech director, and leads to manage technical resources and set teams up for success.
- Coordinate with our producers and leads to improve process and define solutions.
- Supervise and improve the engineering organization, processes and standard methodologies.
- Continually improve your skills, keep abreast of new technologies, and always raise the standard for what is possible on your team.
What You'll Bring:
- 5+ Years experience of Engineering Management.
- 8+ Years proven experience as a Software Engineer.
- Experience building engineering teams, providing mentoring and professional direction for project related tasks.
- Solid foundation in engineering methodologies and best practices.
- Prior game development experience having shipped several games and experienced all phases of development.
- Excellent communication skills and comfort working in a collaborative environment.
- Ability to build, manage, mentor and lead multiple teams of engineers.
- Able to work collaboratively with engineering stakeholders.
- Passion for making and playing games.
- Enthusiastic, positive, team-oriented; must have the ability to interact and collaborate with all departments and teams.
- Self-sufficient and self-motivated, can perform duties with little oversight.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please let your recruiter or coordinator know.