At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in.
We are looking for an experienced, inventive Senior 3D Artist to join our New IP Studio to help us build a new, digital game-centered franchise. This role will be responsible for contributing to the overall visual style and tone for the project—as well as supporting our early production processes. Our world is vibrant, fun, and full of energy. Dark themes are great for other games, but our 3D artist must love color and cartoony shapes and animations. The 3D artist will collaborate with other departments to hit visual targets, and work together to orchestrate creative solutions that help us meet our goal of crafting an amazing new game and world.
This person will have strong skills in driving 3D asset creation, together with an understanding of technical pipelines and familiarity with optimizing and implementing art assets for game engines. This person will also contribute to the growth, culture, and ultimate success of the studio!
What You'll Do:
- Design and build 3D assets using 2D concepts from model to animation.
- Integrate assets directly into Unity and follow through testing and polish.
- Collaborate with designers and engineers to deliver in game art that hits our visual targets.
- Help implement and improve the pipelines flow for content production and implementation.
- Work with 2D artists, designers, narrative, and engineers to achieve visual excellence for 3D character, creature, and environment content.
- Provide documentation, style guides, and tools.
- Mentor junior level artists.
- Work to maintain morale and create an atmosphere of creativity and enthusiasm.
What You’ll Bring:
- 5+ years of experience in 3D game art production.
- Good understanding of art fundamentals; lighting, color, form, 3D shapes.
- Expertise with 3D and 2D software suites (Maya, ZBrush, Photoshop, etc).
- Experience with game production tools (Unity, Jira, Perforce).
- Strong verbal and written communication, able to give and receive clear feedback.
- Familiar with low poly modeling and mobile optimization.
- Ability to find creative solutions to artistic challenges and problems.
- Able to work with a high degree of self-direction, but also within a collaborative creative team.
- Realistic texture knowledge.
- Proficiency in 3D art techniques such as VFX and animation.
- Have shipped a mobile game and/or have experience translating PC/console games to mobile.
- Shipped at least 1 game title.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please let your recruiter or coordinator know.