At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
Atomic Arcade is a brand-new video game development studio located in the Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina area led by industry veterans from AAA game and film studios. We are in the process of staffing up our development team with outstanding talent to build our first multi-platform, AAA game - a bold, new take on the GI JOE Universe starring the legendary character Snake Eyes! This is an excellent opportunity to not only build an outstanding AAA experience but to also help form the core foundations for the studio and team to build upon. We are proud to be part of Wizards of the Coast which is a division Hasbro.
We are looking for a skilled Lead Gameplay Engineer with a strong passion for architecting and building high quality game systems. The ideal candidate is a collaborative and conscientious engineer with deep knowledge of developing AAA games.
What You’ll Do:
- Help build and lead a team of great Engineers.
- Work with our design and content teams to push our gameplay systems to a AAA level.
- You will be developing features and crafting the experience that our audience loves.
- Write clear, performant, maintainable, portable code.
- Design, develop, test, and implement game systems.
- Accurately estimate effort and deliver high quality results.
- Provide high quality code review feedback.
- Mentor other Engineers on the team.
What You’ll Bring:
- 7+ years of experience in designing, architecting, implementing and maintaining gameplay systems.
- Build or improve gameplay tools to empower content creators and designers.
- Assist animators and programmers in software efficiency.
- Profile, analyze, and optimize gameplay systems on all applicable platforms.
- Proficient in C++
- Experience with Unreal Engine.
- Contribute innovative and original ideas on all aspects of game development.
- Mentor team members as needed to increase their capabilities and efficiency.
- Collaborate with other teams to smooth over technical issues, tackle and build solutions during the production pipeline process.
- Experience programming the logic behind gameplay experiences.
- Proven track record to write efficient, readable, and reliable code.
- Experience with giving and receiving feedback.
- Experience multi-tasking and adapting easily to change.
- Passion for making and playing games.
- Enthusiastic, positive, team-oriented; must have the ability to interact and collaborate with all departments and teams.
- Self-sufficient and self-motivated, can perform duties with little oversight.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please let your recruiter or coordinator know.