At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
Are you prepared with your unique skills to join our party of adventurers?
We are seeking an engaging, hardworking, and analytical Lead Product Designer to help our team build the future of Dungeons & Dragons' digital play experience! In this role you will specialize in bringing features to life through intuitive interactive designs, with a strong eye for directing users’ attention and managing cognitive load. You will plan, detail, and supervise the creation of web interfaces, gather data and user feedback, and strategically expand the product as it matures while maintaining ease of use.
Applicants should be enthusiastic about solving unique problems, have a proven track record of leading diverse teams to success, and be ready to immerse themselves in the work of digitizing the world's greatest role-playing game.
What You'll Do:
- Formulate Tactics: Collaborate with the Game Director, Product UX Lead, and Product Managers on overall strategy and devise your own plans to achieve these goals.
- Lead the Way: Own the process and lead other designers, graphic artists, and engineers to understand and actualize websites and connected applications.
- Fire up the Forge: Prototype and build user flows in industry leading software (e.g. Figma, Sketch).
- Master the Arcane: Establish consistent design methodologies that can bridge the gap between the digital and physical game.
- Level Up the game: Consistently push content creation to maximum potential.
- Join the Party: Regularly play the game, filter feedback and suggestions from other members of the team.
What You'll Bring:
- 5+ years of experience in the industry.
- Experience as lead web designer at an enterprise or mid-market company.
- Shipped at least 1 professional app-integrated website from start to finish.
- Extensive portfolio with examples of professional web development projects and/or live websites (e.g. concepts, final products, etc.).
- Artistic eye with sophisticated knowledge of the web development process.
- Proven expertise with timing and motion graphics.
- Deep understanding of modern digital development tools.
- Excellent communication skills, especially with regards to illustrating technical processes.
- UI art illustration in a range of styles and applications.
- Interest and understanding in visual design outside of UI. (e.g. effects, environment design, etc.).
- Experience leading original products.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please let your recruiter or coordinator know.