At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
Are you a game production visionary who loves diving into new challenges?
We’re seeking an experienced Executive Producer to join our growing internal studio to help us craft the next big gaming and entertainment IP. Reporting to the Studio Head of the Wizards NextGen Studio, you will play a critical role as we kick off Pre-Production on an exciting new gaming franchise. Then you'll build a diverse team to bring our shared vision to life. Share your passion for crafting products and guide us into the future of Wizards interactive entertainment!
What You'll Do:
- Collaborate with peers in crafting the vision for games and IP to reach a cross-generational audience. Cultivate awesomeness and business impact across gameplay, entertainment, and merchandizing
- Drive end-to-end game production, including project scope, planning & scheduling, processes & tools, budgeting, staffing, technology, design, narrative, art, audio, localization, QA, and live services
- Coordinate and own P&Ls and operating budgets for a game studio
- Hire, manage, encourage, and nurture a diverse group of game professionals to be leaders in their craft and grow in their careers. Direct responsibility for the Production, Engineering and QA teams
- Build positive relationships with internal teams and external partners by seeking shared success
What You'll Bring
- Proficiency in video game production across multiple platforms. A strong mix of business, creative, technical, innovation, and managerial experience from the video game and online entertainment spaces.
- Insight into the gaming preferences of gamers across generations, particularly Gen Z, coupled with a test-and-learn approach
- Ability to communicate in a way that is inspiring, elegant, and clear as you manage projects and empower people effectively under deadlines and in complex and fluid business environments
- Rapid iteration of ideas: eager to seek out new perspectives, absorb feedback, pare it back to its core, and then fuel even better ideas
- Empowering and inspiring leadership with a diplomatic and collaborative approach and seeking diverse perspectives
- Care about being excellent at your craft, helping others to succeed, and setting a strong example for what it means for Wizards to be an industry leader
- Able to effectively work in a hybrid in-office/work-from-home environment, including managing people and process through the associated challenges
- Willing to travel to meet with development partners
- Extensive production experience in video games with multiple shipped titles: 12+ years preferred
- Has completed at least 2 full development cycles in an Executive Producer or comparable position for a shipped AAA game
- Ideally, the successful candidate will have worked on new IP, managed teams through the incubation process, and shipped games that push genre definitions.
- Experience managing and nurturing a full spectrum of game professionals to deliver their best work and grow along the way.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please let your recruiter or coordinator know.