At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
It’s more than copy, it’s about ideas. As part of our internal marketing creative team, you will be a valuable partner in crafting the big ideas that ignite the success of our ad campaigns. Your expertise in our brands and products combined with data-informed insights about our customers will help create topline messaging, succinct expressions, taglines, and slogans. Your diligence as a writer and experience making effective digital marketing will lead to the creation of ads and supporting copy. Everything from positioning statements, product descriptions, and display ads, to scripts for AAA cinematic trailers. You will carry each campaign’s tone and voice across all written marketing expressions.
What you'll do:
- Learn, interpret, and understand. You will regularly spend time learning about our new products, interpreting customer insights, and understanding the creative opportunities needed to generate big ideas.
- Quest for that aha moment. In collaboration with the creative director, art directors, and product marketers, a meaningful part of your work will be spent generating innovative ideas that set us apart in the marketplace outstanding creative, from AAA trailers to social media activations.
- Writing copy. Once the ideas are dialed in, you will write/direct the campaign’s public-facing copy. With an eye to creating cohesion across all expressions.
- Enabling others to create. You will develop copy/messaging guides that inspire others to create impactful assets and review them for effectiveness.
What You'll Bring:
- An outstanding portfolio and 5+ years of experience writing ad/marketing copy.
- A passion for piercing ideas and a true love of collaboration.
- The talent to write extraordinary advertising copy.
- The knowledge & experience to distill insights into succinct expressions.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please let your recruiter or coordinator know.