At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
Are you passionate about commissioning and curating large volumes of art for great IP’s? Are you an inspiring partner for both freelance artists and internal creative teams? If so, good news!
The Senior Franchise Art Director will commission new assets and iterate on existing visual ideas for all Wizards’ IPs, supporting Magic, Dungeons & Dragons, and new and upcoming Franchise Brands. The Franchise Team focuses on entertainment and trans-media readiness broader than our game expressions. You will commission reference, curate asset packages, and contribute to the creation of Franchise-level brand guides based on partners’ needs and Wizards’ strategies for growth.
What You'll Do:
- Work with Wizards Franchise Development Team to create direction for content development and iteration.
- Work collaboratively to create art descriptions to fill those needs.
- Commission high volumes of needed illustration which will populate reference-heavy brand guides. Ensure that assets are created on-time and above-quality.
- Daily feedback cycles and approvals for our incredible stable of external fantasy illustrators.
- Provide daily content direction for partners both internal and external by curating reference and assets as needed. This will include working with partners to create win/win resolutions if they begin to stray from Franchise direction.
- Be a daily steward of content and quality as we strive to reach an ever-larger audience with all of our Franchise brands.
- Assist in content decisions and art direction for brand documents, presentations, and feedback for all Franchise endeavors.
What You'll Bring:
- A Bachelor's degree in visual arts or equivalent professional experience.
- 4+ years of experience working on an in-house creative team as a visual arts professional.
- A portfolio of incredible fantasy artwork which you have led. This includes but is not limited to characters, creatures, environments, architecture, items, and costumes, equipment and gear.
- A healthy relationship with feedback.
- Experience playing in other people’s creative sandboxes, balancing your own incredible imagination with the constraints of well-established IP.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a dynamic, fast paced environment that revolves around multiple product development calendars.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as a comprehensive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please contact email@example.com.