At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like M agic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
Atomic Arcade is a brand-new video game development studio located in the Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina area led by industry veterans from AAA game and film studios. We are in the process of staffing up our development team with outstanding talent to build our first multi-platform, AAA game - a bold, new take on the GI JOE Universe starring the legendary character Snake Eyes! This is an excellent opportunity to not only build an outstanding AAA experience but to also help form the core foundations for the studio and team to build upon. We are proud to be part of Wizards of the Coast which is a division Hasbro.
We are seeking a passionate, experienced, and team-oriented Senior Technical Animator to help us build an outstanding AAA, 3rd Person Action/Adventure game. You'll work on a variety of vehicles and characters and will be responsible for developing and maintaining animation systems, rigging, pipelines and processes used by the animation team.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop technical animation / rigging pipelines and tools to help deliver high quality animations.
- Design, build and maintain character rigs and setups.
- Build automated animation setups and rigs.
- Collaborate with Concept, Design, Animation, and Art team to bring characters, creatures, and vehicles to life.
- Work closely with Artists to troubleshoot and fix problems arising in the course of production.
- Evaluate new technologies to improve existing pipelines and visual quality of rigged assets.
- Mentor and train junior tech animators and animators.
What You’ll Bring:
- 5+ years of production experience in Games, Feature Film or VFX.
- Experience rigging/skinning complex characters, creatures and vehicles in Maya.
- Scripting / tool creation experience with Python / Mel.
- Strong understanding of character rigging / animation pipelines.
- Unreal Engine Experience in procedural animation systems (Animation Blueprints, Control Rig setups).
- Dedicated and internally driven, able to take initiative and work independently or collaborate effectively with artists, engineers, and designers.
- A passion for deep, compelling action adventure games.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please let your recruiter or coordinator know.