At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
On Magic Arena’s cardset team, we work with a broad group of engineers, artists, designers, and QA to translate the tabletop experience of new Magic the Gathering sets to a digital experience for an enormous, thriving community. As a part of this team, you will be directly involved in crafting the experience for millions of passionate Magic players.
If you are a Game Designer who loves Magic wants to help build exciting new products and experiences that enrich the Magic experience while working with fantastic people at Wizards of the Coast, then this is the job for you!
What You'll Do:
- Own game features end-to-end from the design side, concepting and building them for engagement, retention and monetization.
- Analyze and assess upcoming tabletop content, translating new designs and mechanics for digital players.
- Document and define the features vital to support the unreleased Magic content, communicating the requirements across multiple roles, with a special focus on edge cases and unintended outcomes.
- Work alongside a world class interdisciplinary implementation team through development and iteration on features, including working with production to scope, prioritize, and schedule and working with programmers, artists, other designers, and QA to deliver on that plan.
- Post-launch, evaluate the feature’s performance and develop plans to adjust problematic areas and improve on successes.
- Represent DGD as an expert on gaming industry trends, technical aspects of game design, and Magic gaming consumer needs.
What You'll Bring:
- 2+ years of overall experience in game design/development.
- 5+ years of passion and history involved with Magic or other TCGs as a player.
- A strong mix of creative, innovative, and production capabilities from the live services and/or gaming space.
- In-depth knowledge of Magic’s digital offerings.
- Desire to build the defining game in this genre and a passion for Magic The Gathering.
- Ability to communicate well with engineering, art, UX, production and business personnel.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as a comprehensive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please let your recruiter or coordinator know.