Archetype Entertainment is a new game studio in Austin, Texas led by industry veterans from BioWare and other AAA studios. Archetype is a division of Wizards of the Coast (Hasbro). We are building a development team with world-class talent to create a new science fiction universe for our first multiplatform roleplaying video game.
Our goal is to create the greatest story-driven roleplaying games in the world.
At Archetype, we believe there will always be a place for story-driven roleplaying games that put the player at the center of an epic personal narrative with impactful choices. We also believe that game studios should empower top developers and challenge them with ambitious projects that are shaped by a strong, clearly communicated creative vision.
We chose Austin because it is a great place to live and work. Austin is the capital of Texas and is a fast-growing city with a vibrant music scene, cosmopolitan culture, a world-class university (the University of Texas at Austin -- “Hook ‘em Horns!”), and scenic rolling hills. It was recently voted the #1 place to live in America for the third year in a row — based on affordability, job prospects, and quality of life.
We are seeking a QA Analyst to join our team. In this role, you will own day-to-day test coverage for one of our features in development. The ideal candidate is an experienced tester who enjoys working collaboratively, cultivates teamwork, and builds trust with fellow team members, and developers alike. This role reports to the QA Manager.
What You'll Do:
- Collaborate with fellow testers and feature owners to develop and implement test plans.
- Own test coverage and test responsibilities for one or more gameplay features.
- Define test standards and reporting for your assigned area of focus.
- Facilitate testing between internal and external test resources.
- Shares knowledge with team members and seek out ownership opportunities.
- Actively look for ways to boost test efficiency where possible.
- Provide feature assessments with status updates and other reports as needed.
- Communicate feature-level risks, determine solutions, and foster teamwork toward resolution.
- Investigate, analyze, and report bugs.
What You'll Bring:
- 2+ years of QA testing experience with at least one AAA games shipped.
- Solid people and time management with emphasis on prioritization and multi-tasking.
- Problem-solver who can simplify and resolve issues quickly.
- Proven knowledge of QA practices and strategies.
- Excellent attention to detail skills with a consistent record of identifying flaws in designs and gameplay.
- Experience using game development engines such as Unreal, Unity, etc.
- Proficiency with database trackers such as JIRA, Hansoft, or Dev Track.
- Deep experience developing effective test cases and test plans.
- Capacity to build and implement innovative testing procedures and materials.
Bonus points for any Software Quality Engineering experience such as...
- Scripting and coding experience with languages such as C#, Perl, Python, or others.
- Creation of any test automation tools or scripts.
- Building hooks for telemetry or cultivation of game metrics.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.