At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
We are seeking to bring on board a Director of Business Operations reporting to the SVP of Global Sales & Marketing to help us continue our fast-paced growth and organizational transformation.
A key strategic partner to the SVP, they plan and guide to completion strategic business and organizational projects, critical & time-sensitive initiatives and communication plans based on the shifting and growing needs of the organization.
A key member of the Sales & Marketing leadership team (SMLT), they interact with all levels at Wizards and internal & external partners. They represent and inform the SVP's decision-making on of all priority projects, issues, upcoming event, commitments & responsibilities with appropriate & timely follow-up.
Ready to make your mark in the world of Magic: The Gathering®, Dungeons & Dragons® and new brands? Time to roll for initiative…. Adventure awaits!
What You'll Do:
Be a stand-out partner driving efficient teamwork across our organization:
- Define, run, improve the SMLT rhythm of business and communicate objectives between departments.
- Identify & lead our strategic growth initiatives from defining new opportunities to implementing key projects from development through successful implementation.
- Team-up and serve as point with our Games Studios’ operative leaders to bolster the efficiency between our teams, handling inquiries and developing action plans to address them.
Be a game changer driving organizational excellence as we grow and transform our organization:
- Lead our organizational structure improvements from long-term organizational design to change implementation in close coordination with departments' heads.
- Continually identify and drive improvements to our operating systems, practices, processes, and workflows for optimized efficiency and productivity.
- Have a strong pulse and feedback loop on organizational needs, employee engagement & satisfaction and act as liaison between staff, managers & leaders.
Be a strategic planner driving operational governance:
- Work with partners across Wizards on our annual growth plans including our headcount and program spend allocations.
- Partner with Finance to run our monthly and quarterly fiscal planning including budgets and forecasts.
- Partner with HR on organization-wide workforce management topics, including headcount planning and hiring plan completion.
Be a trusted adviser & master communicator
- Plan, organize & facilitate the weekly SMLT meetings, off-sites and org wide all-hands and regularly cadenced strategy planning and project review meetings.
- Act as representative of the SVP in important strategic and operational meetings.
What You'll Bring:
- 10+ years in business or executive management including program management, operations, strategy, or finance, organizing & leading multiple teams.
- BA/BS required.
- Experience in a marketing organization is a benefit, but not required if able to learn rapidly.
- Highly proactive, organized and adaptable self-starter with shown success leading cross-functional groups, achieving success through collaboration.
- Excellent communicator in written and verbal form.
- Linear logical thinker with strong process orientation, acute planning and budgeting skills.
- High tolerance for ambiguity and ability to operate in a fast-growing environment.
- High EQ with an ability to work with many different personality types and positively influence others.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please let your recruiter or coordinator know.