For decades, Wizards of the Coast has connected people around the world through play and imagination, with core games that have defined their genres - Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons®. We want to offer more ways to connect and play as the company grows. And that’s where you come in.
We are looking for a motivated leader with innovation and growth mindset who will lead all financial planning and analysis for Wizards’ Digital Games business including long range planning, budgeting/forecasting detailed product P&L’s. The Director of FP&A, Digital role provides key financial support for Digital Game product owners and the Senior Leadership Team.
What You'll Do:
- Own all Digital product forecasting (P&L, Balance Sheet, Revenue Planning, Long Range Plans, etc.) and act as the primary point of contact for all financial aspects of Digital products.
- Responsible for maintaining Digital product P&L’s including communication with Product and Cost Center owners regarding P&L cost allocations.
- Build and maintain P&L’s required for meeting 3rd party development royalty calculations and coordinate with Product owners, Legal, and Accounting in calculating and recording the royalties.
- Assist in formulating the company’s Digital strategic direction while ensuring that decision-making, goal setting, and actions are aligned with Digital financials.
- Develop and monitor capital expenditures, depreciation, and 3rd party/internal development costs.
- Ensure that all financial submissions to Corporate are accurate, timely, and in accordance with guidelines for external reporting of consolidated product P&L’s.
- Analysis of Digital P&L’s including monetization and expense analysis as well as monthly financial and variance analysis.
- Craft Digital P&L’s and analyses for presentations including Budget Presentations, Quarterly Business Reviews, Monthly Business Reviews, etc. while collaborating with all areas of the business to cultivate content.
- Supervise the creation of all internal and external financial presentations including those to Hasbro, our Board of Directors, or other 3rd parties as needed.
- Learn, apply, and communicate accounting standards applicable to the digital gaming industry throughout the studios financial planning and modeling.
- Provide financial input, review, and approvals for all Digital contracts and agreements.
- Lead all M&A modeling activities for Wizards, working with studio leadership to build financial models for evaluating potential investments in new games or studio acquisitions.
What You Bring:
- 8+ years of demonstrated ability in senior level financial management positions.
- BS/BA in Finance, Accounting, MBA, MS degree in related field or equivalent experience.
- Experience in creating product or profit center P&L’s and strong experience in financial modeling.
- Strategic problem solver, strong planner and organizational agility to drive continued business transformation.
- Solid knowledge of financial analysis concepts, and data driven analytics.
- Ability to work at a detailed level and individual contributor while growing the digital FP&A group.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects, have excellent attention to detail, and work effectively under deadlines.
- Strong systems proficiency, including expert Excel, SAP, Anaplan (or similar planning application) skills.
- Experience leading financial and cross functional teams.
- Outstanding written & verbal communication skills and experience.
- Ability to earn trust, maintain positive and professional relationships, and contribute to a positive and inclusive environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.