At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to develop friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
Are you a veteran software designer with experience developing and supporting a live game service?
The Magic: The Gathering Arena team is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to provide technical expertise and architectural direction for the engineering team who builds and maintains our game. In close collaboration with designers, artists, and other specialists, you’ll be one of the main drivers of decisions within the team.
What you’ll do:
- Design and implement solutions for Magic: The Gathering Arena in alignment with architectural designs and program needs.
- Provide technical vision and implementation of sophisticated projects as a top level contributor/specialist.
- Author and evolve technical designs and advise decisions made by the team.
- Support the live product and drive resolution of technical problems as they arise in production environments.
- Use your experience to grasp issues quickly and make critical judgments in the absence of complete information.
- Work with a variety of other departments and specialties to build technical requirements.
- Be a recognized technical expert in your domain and have a breadth of knowledge in related fields.
- Mentor and guide junior-level team members to improve in quality, efficiency, and effectiveness, and work on a diverse team.
What you'll bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience in professional software development.
- Minimum 5 years of total job experience.
- Experience mentoring others and encouraging positive relationships with peers.
- Proven understanding and experience working on client/server architectures.
- Strong coding, debugging and problem-solving skills and the ability to write readable, maintainable code.
- Strong communication and teamwork with diverse groups of people in various roles.
- Sound knowledge of software engineering methodologies and the impact of early decisions on later development stages of software projects.
We are an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as a comprehensive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.