About this position:
Inorganic growth will be a key element of our overall growth strategy and in ensuring we have the best team and technology in Execution Management. The corporate development team is responsible for executing and driving Celonis’s inorganic growth strategy. This includes sourcing, evaluating, negotiating, and executing M&A and strategic investment opportunities. In this role, you will collaborate with senior executives and business unit leaders on our M&A strategy, develop investment themes on new markets, propose investment ideas, and work with product teams to evaluate potential acquisition targets. You will quarterback the investment and M&A process, working closely with functional leaders across finance, legal, sales, tax and HR to build financial models, drive due diligence, develop internal investment memos and presentations, and collaborate with the PMI team to help define a robust integration plan.
- Drive the execution of acquisitions and strategic investments, including sourcing opportunities, assembling market landscapes, competitive analysis and research, performing financial analysis, and coordinating all aspects of due diligence in partnership with senior team members
- Partner with business unit leaders on strategy development, including identifying product gaps, evaluating build/buy/partner options, collaborating on target selection criteria as well as the evaluating of inbound M&A opportunities
- Establish a robust understanding of new markets, industry trends, competitive positioning, and emerging companies and translate into actionable data
- Develop a network of industry contacts, venture capital firms and investment banks/advisory firms to increase Celonis’s ability to identify and source opportunities
- Contribute to improving the corporate development team by enhancing existing processes and recruiting and developing new team members.
- 3-5 years of professional technology industry experience in consulting, investment banking, equity research, private equity and/or corporate development.
- Undergraduate degree from a top-tier university in Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Engineering or similar discipline.
- MBA, CPA or CFA is desirable.
- Good understanding of enterprise software and the industries in which Celonis competes
- Strong financial modeling skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, including the ability to craft investment memos and presentations.
- Intellectual curiosity and strong analytical, problem-solving skills, along with experience in building financial or decision-support models.
- Ability to multi-task effectively, working in team environments or independently.
- Ability to manage complex projects, workstreams, and other priorities under pressure, while maintaining high attention to detail.
- Demonstrate creativity and the ability to collaborate across a wide-range of teams to create interesting and relevant content and messaging.
Total compensation package will include base salary + bonus/commission + equity + benefits (health, dental, life, 401k, and paid time off). Please note that the base salary range is a guideline, and that the actual total compensation offer will be determined based on various factors, including, but not limited to, applicant's qualifications, skills, experiences, and location.
What Celonis can offer you:
- The unique opportunity to work within a new category of technology, Execution Management
- Investment in your personal growth and skill development (clear career paths, internal mobility opportunities, L&D platform, mentorships, and more)
- Great compensation and benefits packages (equity (restricted stock units), life insurance, time off, generous leave for new parents from day one, and more). For intern and working student benefits, click here
- Physical and mental well-being support (subsidized gym membership, access to counselling, virtual events on well-being topics, and more)
- A global and growing team of Celonauts from diverse backgrounds to learn from and work with
- An open-minded culture with innovative, autonomous teams
- Business Resource Groups to help you feel connected, valued and seen (Black@Celonis, Women@Celonis, Parents@Celonis, Pride@Celonis, Resilience@Celonis, and more)
- A clear set of company values that guide everything we do: Live for Customer Value, The Best Team Wins, We Own It, and Earth Is Our Future
Celonis enables customers to optimize their business processes. Powered by its leading process mining technology, Celonis provides a unique set of capabilities for business executives and users to continuously find improvement opportunities within and across processes, and execute targeted actions to rapidly enhance process performance. This optimization yields immediate cash impact, radically improves customer experience, and reduces carbon emissions. Celonis has thousands of implementations with global customers and is headquartered in Munich, Germany and New York City, USA with more than 20 offices worldwide.
Celonis is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment and equal opportunity in all aspects of employment. We will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination or harassment of any kind. We make all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, sex, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, national origin, citizenship status, religion, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other factor protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. As a US federal contractor, we are committed to the principles of affirmative action in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. Different makes us better.