We're Celonis, the global leading Process Mining software company and one of the world's fastest-growing SaaS firms. We believe that every company can unlock its full execution capacity - and for that, we need you to join us as a Staff Platform Engineer
Cloud Platform and Infrastructure Engineering
You’ll be part of a distributed team across the US and Europe and responsible for making sure Celonis developers and customers have a performant and stable database foundation. You will own database operations such as upgrades, vacuum tuning, database migrations with minimum downtime - Celonis is a 24x7 business. You will work closely with Java application engineers to optimize and debug SQL queries and schema. You will also contribute with your expertise to the future of databases across different regions and clusters.
Example projects include:
- An audited, secure, throttled self-service query store developers can use on production systems
- Automated online tenant movement
- Reworking our scheduling framework, including load balancing
You’ll be designing and leading development on these projects. This position can be fully remote. You must possess excellent communication and writing skills as this is a role on a distributed, worldwide team.
You should have a minimum of 8 years of demonstrated experience building distributed systems. Java experience is preferred. You must have RDBMS experience, preferably PostgreSQL.
This role has large growth potential and is ideal for inventive self-starters who like to think out of the box.
Software Engineer Responsibilities:
- Design and develop infrastructure projects related to meta-data
- Build automation for deployment, monitoring, and usage of database products
- Identify bottlenecks in the current system and
- Mentor junior engineers
The qualifications you need:
- A bachelors or masters degree in a technical field (e.g. Computer Science, Software Engineering) or a comparable education
- 8+ years of experience building distributed systems
- 8+ years of experience in Linux and Kubernetes
- Experience with cloud providers, preferably AWS or Azure
- Experience with RDBMS or NoSQL databases; PostgreSQL experience is preferred
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, or a similar field; Master’s degree preferred
- In-depth knowledge of Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Expertise in a structured language like Java (preferred), Python or GoLang
- Terraform, ArgoCD, Ansible are all a plus
Celonis believes that every company can unlock its full execution capacity. Powered by its market-leading process mining core, the Celonis Execution Management System provides a set of applications, and developer studio and platform capabilities for business executives and users to eliminate billions in corporate inefficiencies. Celonis has thousands of global customers and is headquartered in Munich, Germany and New York City, USA with 15 offices worldwide.
Celonis is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Different makes us better.
Total compensation package will include base salary + bonus/commission + equity + benefits (health, dental, life, 401k, and paid time off). Please note that the base salary range is a guideline, and that the actual total compensation offer will be determined based on various factors, including, but not limited to, applicant's qualifications, skills, experiences, and location.
What Celonis can offer you:
- The unique opportunity to work within a new category of technology, Execution Management
- Investment in your personal growth and skill development (clear career paths, internal mobility opportunities, L&D platform, mentorships, and more)
- Great compensation and benefits packages (equity (restricted stock units), life insurance, time off, generous leave for new parents from day one, and more). For intern and working student benefits, click here
- Physical and mental well-being support (subsidized gym membership, access to counselling, virtual events on well-being topics, and more)
- A global and growing team of Celonauts from diverse backgrounds to learn from and work with
- An open-minded culture with innovative, autonomous teams
- Business Resource Groups to help you feel connected, valued and seen (Black@Celonis, Women@Celonis, Parents@Celonis, Pride@Celonis, Resilience@Celonis, and more)
- A clear set of company values that guide everything we do: Live for Customer Value, The Best Team Wins, We Own It, and Earth Is Our Future
Celonis enables customers to optimize their business processes. Powered by its leading process mining technology, Celonis provides a unique set of capabilities for business executives and users to continuously find improvement opportunities within and across processes, and execute targeted actions to rapidly enhance process performance. This optimization yields immediate cash impact, radically improves customer experience, and reduces carbon emissions. Celonis has thousands of implementations with global customers and is headquartered in Munich, Germany and New York City, USA with more than 20 offices worldwide.
Celonis is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment and equal opportunity in all aspects of employment. We will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination or harassment of any kind. We make all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, sex, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, national origin, citizenship status, religion, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other factor protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. As a US federal contractor, we are committed to the principles of affirmative action in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. Different makes us better.