We're Celonis, the global leader in execution management and process mining technology, and one of the 50 most valuable private companies in the world. We believe that every company can unlock its full execution capacity - and for that, we want you to join us as a Staff Analytics Engineer.
As a member of the Engineering organization, the Product Analytics & Data Sciences team provides analytic support and a strategic perspective to the product and engineering teams to enable them to make evidence-based decisions. We deliver actionable insights by collecting, organizing and interpreting data about user journeys, product telemetry, incidents, infrastructure utilization, sales motions, and much more. We transform data into analytic assets by conducting exploratory analysis, identifying outliers, validating hypotheses, building statistical models, quantifying risk; communicating findings through well crafted stories and critical recommendations.
As a Staff Product Analytics Engineer in the Product Analytics & Data Sciences team, you will play a key role in defining and building the analytic infrastructure that will enable strategic and tactical decision making in a hyper growth environment. As one of the most senior technical experts on the team, you will provide technical leadership to design, build and maintain a data ecosystem for analytic needs within the product and engineering organization. In this exciting role, in addition to defining and creating the analytic infrastructure, you will also need to facilitate data driven discussions between stakeholders across the organization, through effective storytelling with meaningful insight.
The work you’ll do:
- Engage with stakeholders from product, engineering, and GTM teams to understand the analytic needs, identify the underlying data engineering requirements and help build the core technical foundations needed to support product analytics.
- Design, build and maintain resilient data infrastructure that gathers data from a variety of sources - cloud billing, product telemetry and observability systems. Ensure the continuous and reliable flow of data needed to support all the product analytics activities.
- Work closely with the product and engineering teams to understand business requirements. Design and build analytic solutions that can deliver data-driven insights to stakeholders.
- Continuously engage in refining data engineering processes to ensure data accuracy, consistency, and integrity through continuous audit and review
- Conduct in-depth analytic investigations to find answers to business questions or support making the case for product and/or engineering ideas
The qualifications you need:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with a strong focus on Mathematics, Computer Science, or Data Science. Master’s or PhD preferred.
- 10+ years relevant experience as an Analytics Engineer / Data Engineer or similar, partnering with product, engineering or growth teams at a SaaS or enterprise software company
- Experience with data engineering building analytic data repositories leveraging data sources from cloud billing, product telemetry and observability systems
- Extensive experience with data repositories and business analytics preferably using cloud based technologies.
- Hands-on experience working with multi-cloud setup across GCP, AWS and Azure will be a huge plus.
- Outcome-oriented with strong decision-making skills and the ability to prioritize multiple objectives while meeting aggressive deadlines.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills; exceptional attention to detail.
- Experience working in agile teams using collaboration software like Jira or similar.
- Eager to work in a fast-growing organization with diverse and international teams spread across multiple locations
What Celonis can offer you:
- The unique opportunity to work within a new category of technology, Execution Management
- Investment in your personal growth and skill development (clear career paths, internal mobility opportunities, mentorships, yearly development stipend)
- Great compensation and benefits packages (stock options, 401(K) matching, generous time off, parental leave, and more)
- Work from home support (mindfulness tools such as Headspace, monthly remote working stipend, flexible working hours, virtual events and workshops)
- A global and growing team of Celonauts from diverse backgrounds to learn from and work with
- An open-minded culture with innovative, autonomous teams
- Employee resource communities to help you feel connected, valued and seen (Women@Celonis, Parents@Celonis, Pride@Celonis, Resilience@Celonis, and more)
- A clear set of company values that guide everything we do: Live for Customer Value, The Best Team Wins, We Own It, and Earth Is Our Future
Celonis believes that every company can unlock its full execution capacity. Powered by its market-leading process mining core, the Celonis Execution Management System provides a set of applications, and developer studio and platform capabilities for business executives and users to eliminate billions in corporate inefficiencies. Celonis has thousands of global customers and is headquartered in Munich, Germany and New York City, USA with 15 offices worldwide.
Celonis is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Different makes us better.