We're Celonis, the global leader in execution management and process mining technology, and one of the 50 most valuable private companies in the world. We believe that every company can unlock its full execution capacity - and for that, we need you to join us as a Senior Scala Backend Engineer.
We are building the next generation of the Execution Management System platform to be event-driven. As a Scala developer, who’s passionate about delivery, you will work with Scala 2.13 and/or Scala 3.0 and use frameworks like cats, fs2, http4s. You will help us design and write scalable and distributed services to support streaming data ingestion, streaming data processing, data lineage and more.
The work you’ll do:
Working in an agile environment to deliver robust quality products release after release:
- Participate in product initiatives and decisions
- Design, implement and own the technical approach for new product initiatives.
- Investigate and reproduce bugs reported by customers, and occasionally, if required, interact with our customers as part of 2nd level support
- Write unit, integration and end-to-end tests
- Help upskill and mentor existing team members
- Create internal and external documentation
- Champion best practices within the Scala chapter
The qualifications you need:
- Scala as a Functional Programming language. Have a good understanding of the core functional programming paradigm and how and when to use them
- Experience using messaging systems (Apache Kafka, Apache Pulsar, JMS)
- Experience using RDBMS databases. Any other storage solutions like Cassandra, MongoDB, InfluxDb is a plus
- Experience building highly scalable data processing pipelines is a plus
- Experience in writing understandable, testable and maintainable code
- Experience with data formats like Avro, Protobuf, thrift is a plus
What Celonis can offer you:
- The unique opportunity to work within a new category of technology, Execution Management
- Investment in your personal growth and skill development (clear career paths, internal mobility opportunities, mentorships, yearly development stipend)
- Great compensation and benefits packages (stock options, retirement plans, generous time off, family leave from day one, and more)
- Work from home support (mindfulness tools such as Headspace, flexible working hours, virtual events, and workshops)
- A global and growing team of Celonauts from diverse backgrounds to learn from and work with
- An open-minded culture with innovative, autonomous teams
- Business Resource Groups to help you feel connected, valued and seen (Black@Celonis, Women@Celonis, Parents@Celonis, Pride@Celonis, Resilience@Celonis, and more)
- A clear set of company values that guide everything we do: Live for Customer Value, The Best Team Wins, We Own It, and Earth Is Our Future
Celonis reveals and fixes inefficiencies businesses can’t see, enabling them to perform at levels they never thought possible. Powered by its market-leading process mining core, the Celonis Execution Management System provides a full set of platform capabilities for business executives and users to eliminate billions in corporate inefficiencies, provide better customer experience and reduce carbon emissions. Celonis has thousands of implementations with global customers and is headquartered in Munich, Germany and New York City, USA with more than 20 offices worldwide.
Celonis is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Different makes us better.