We're Celonis, the global leader in execution management and process mining technology, and one of the 50 most valuable private companies in the world. We believe that every company can unlock its full execution capacity - and for that, we need you to join us as an Engineering Manager!
The Platform Infrastructure team is in charge of providing, maintaining, and defining best practices for the infrastructure which makes up the platform used by tens of engineering teams at Celonis to build and run their services. Responsibilities include cloud account provisioning and setup, managing Kubernetes and OpenShift cluster deployments, and providing shared services like database storage, ingress, egress, etc.
As an Engineering Manager, you’ll be responsible for the people management of a small group of dedicated, pragmatic engineers working to build reliable systems at scale. Engineering Managers are our first layer of management at Celonis - they are both technical leaders and people managers.
The work you’ll do:
- Lead one of our teams to successfully deliver their mission - manage the performance and support the career development of senior and upper-mid-level engineers
- Build and maintain an engineering culture of trust, ownership, and collaboration within the team as well as the department
- Take an active part in hiring and growing the team according to business needs
- Contribute technically within the team’s scope
- Collaborate with Product Managers and other leads on goals and strategies around people, technology, and processes
- Advocate for the (whole) team; provide upward and outward visibility of the team and their work.
The qualifications you need:
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering
- 2+ years of management or technical leadership
- Built, led, or operated large-scale, high-performance distributed systems in production and know those systems from top to bottom
- Commitment & a strong focus on the evolving needs of engineering teams
- Experience managing operationally heavy teams and you’re willing to share the on-call responsibilities with them.
- To value correctness and efficiency; you leave no stone unturned when diagnosing production issues
- To handle infrastructure with code because automation lets you focus on the more difficult and rewarding problems
- Experience operating Kubernetes clusters in production across multiple infrastructures
What Celonis can offer you:
- The unique opportunity to work within a new category of technology, Execution Management
- Investment in your personal growth and skill development (clear career paths, internal mobility opportunities, mentorships, yearly development stipend)
- Great compensation and benefits packages (stock options, retirement plans, generous time off, family leave from day one, and more)
- Work from home support (mindfulness tools such as Headspace, flexible working hours, virtual events, and workshops)
- A global and growing team of Celonauts from diverse backgrounds to learn from and work with
- An open-minded culture with innovative, autonomous teams
- Business Resource Groups to help you feel connected, valued and seen (Black@Celonis, Women@Celonis, Parents@Celonis, Pride@Celonis, Resilience@Celonis, and more)
- A clear set of company values that guide everything we do: Live for Customer Value, The Best Team Wins, We Own It, and Earth Is Our Future
Celonis reveals and fixes inefficiencies businesses can’t see, enabling them to perform at levels they never thought possible. Powered by its market-leading process mining core, the Celonis Execution Management System provides a full set of platform capabilities for business executives and users to eliminate billions in corporate inefficiencies, provide better customer experience and reduce carbon emissions. Celonis has thousands of implementations with global customers and is headquartered in Munich, Germany and New York City, USA with more than 20 offices worldwide.
Celonis is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Different makes us better.