We're Celonis, the global leading Process Mining software company and one of the world's fastest-growing SaaS firms. We believe that every company can unlock its full execution capacity - and for that, we need you to join us as a Senior Security Engineer in our Information Security organization.
Our Global information security organization is responsible for security and trust. We think security-offensively and defensively. We continuously monitor our global security posture and are always adapting to the ever-changing threat landscape. The security engineering team is looking for talented subject matter experts in application, platform and offensive security.
Celonis is looking for talented Security Engineers to join the Security Engineering Team. As a Senior Security Engineer, you will work closely with the application and platform security team to ensure security is designed into every part of the Celonis eco-system. You will engineer and develop software and automation to proactively build secure by default controls. As a technical leader with security expertise, you will be responsible for driving a “Paved Road” approach to security, where teams are given all the resources, they need to make good security decisions, and to ship software quickly and safely.
The work you’ll do:
- Build a security paved road that enables our developers to easily produce secure software
- Be a product security champion by driving Security Architecture and Design/implementation/optimization for cloud products.
- Automate security tools and processes ensuring innovation and advancement strategies that keep pace in the areas of access control, security-in-depth, secure coding practices for Celonis products
- Work across engineering teams to help architect and implement solutions that are inherently secure
- Define, document, and implement security design patterns
- Build frameworks and libraries to provide secure defaults
- Automate tools that will scan and detect security problems
- Build relationships with stakeholders throughout the organization.
- Help build a collaborative and enlightening world-class security team at Celonis.
- Mentor the security team and spread security culture throughout the organization.
The qualifications you’ll need:
- BA/BS in computer science, information security, or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience Preferred
- 5+ years of full-time security engineering or information security experience
- 5+ years of preferred experience in software development, ideally automating tools and processes
- Fluency with the OWASP Top 10, SANS Top 25 programming errors and other common vulnerabilities and exploit techniques
- Prove experience defining appropriate security controls and countermeasures
- Built and championed security engineering best practices
- A habit of approaching security problems with creativity and flexibility that takes the entire stack into consideration
- Software engineering experience (you can write robust code with good test coverage and can point to specific examples of projects you’ve successfully delivered in the past)
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
What Celonis can offer you:
- The unique opportunity to work within a new category of technology, Execution Management
- Investment in your personal growth and skill development (clear career paths, internal mobility opportunities, mentorships, yearly development stipend)
- Great compensation and benefits packages (stock options, 401(K) matching, generous time off, parental leave, and more)
- Work from home support (mindfulness tools such as Headspace, monthly remote working stipend, flexible working hours, virtual events and workshops)
- A global and growing team of Celonauts from diverse backgrounds to learn from and work with
- An open-minded culture with innovative, autonomous teams
- Employee resource communities to help you feel connected, valued and seen (Women@Celonis, Parents@Celonis, Pride@Celonis, Resilience@Celonis, and more)
- A clear set of company values that guide everything we do: Live for Customer Value, The Best Team Wins, We Own It, and Earth Is Our Future
Celonis believes that every company can unlock its full execution capacity. Powered by its market-leading process mining core, the Celonis Execution Management System provides a set of applications, and developer studio and platform capabilities for business executives and users to eliminate billions in corporate inefficiencies. Celonis has thousands of global customers and is headquartered in Munich, Germany and New York City, USA with 15 offices worldwide.
Celonis is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Different makes us better.