We're Celonis, the global leading Process Mining software company and one of the world's fastest-growing SaaS firms. We believe that every company can unlock its full execution capacity - and for that, we need you to join us as a Senior SDET (Software Development Engineer in Test)
As part of the SDET team, you’ll be involved in many chapter initiatives to develop tooling and continuously improve test automation practices that will help teams streamline their testing.
Day-to-day you will be embedded into a product team where your efforts will have a noticeable and positive impact on quality release after release.
As a Senior Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) you have a cross-functional role with dual strengths in coding and testing. You will share a passion for high-quality software, strong engineering principles, and methodical problem-solving skills.
Your primary focus is designing, developing and maintaining scalable test automation frameworks and tools that standardise approaches and guide test automation design best practices to help peers effectively perform testing.
Within this role, you’ll champion and drive testing practices within product teams and implement an effective continuous test strategy to mitigate the risks of release and to facilitate teams in delivering quality software faster.
The work you’ll do:
- Keeps test automation current by maintaining and improving the patterns, tooling and frameworks
- Conduct planning collaboratively to identify what should and could be automated to ensure sufficient coverage while avoiding duplication of test effort across layers
- Help teams understand impact to make changes with confidence by ensuring high levels of code coverage, identifying and plugging gaps where necessary, and use complementary techniques such as mutation testing to ensure test effectiveness
- Decouple development dependencies across teams using test doubles for external integrations supplemented with contract testing to enable teams to stay productive when an API they depend on doesn't exist or hasn't yet been completed
- Strive for the fastest feedback possible. Scale test execution by designing tests that adhere to FIRST principles and by using tools and libraries that parallelise execution on multiple runners across different nodes, and/or in separate threads
- Build quality gates into Continuous Delivery pipelines so that automated tests are run often and fail fast to provide earlier feedback on delivery risks
- Write unit and integration tests that serve as examples of best practice
- Use KPIs to help teams gauge progress towards and alignment with our goal of shift-left continuous testing
The qualifications you need:
- Has broad experience in tooling across various technology stacks from unit through E2E testing
- Good knowledge of white-box and black-box testing techniques including Branch coverage, Statement coverage, Equivalence Partitioning, Boundary Value Analysis and Pairwise and can discuss their uses
- Familiar with patterns such as Page Object, Journey, Screenplay and Mission and can discuss their purposes
- Experience with any test double tooling such as Mockito, ScalaMock, WireMock
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as GitHub Actions or Jenkins
- Experience with Docker and the test containers library to programmatically manage the lifecycle of test environments is a plus
What Celonis can offer you:
- The unique opportunity to work within a new category of technology, Execution Management
- Investment in your personal growth and skill development (clear career paths, internal mobility opportunities, mentorships, yearly development stipend)
- Great compensation and benefits packages (stock options, 401(K) matching, generous time off, parental leave, and more)
- Work from home support (mindfulness tools such as Headspace, monthly remote working stipend, flexible working hours, virtual events and workshops)
- A global and growing team of Celonauts from diverse backgrounds to learn from and work with
- An open-minded culture with innovative, autonomous teams
- Employee resource communities to help you feel connected, valued and seen (Women@Celonis, Parents@Celonis, Pride@Celonis, Resilience@Celonis, and more)
- A clear set of company values that guide everything we do: Live for Customer Value, The Best Team Wins, We Own It, and Earth Is Our Future
Celonis believes that every company can unlock its full execution capacity. Powered by its market-leading process mining core, the Celonis Execution Management System provides a set of applications, and developer studio and platform capabilities for business executives and users to eliminate billions in corporate inefficiencies. Celonis has thousands of global customers and is headquartered in Munich, Germany and New York City, USA with 15 offices worldwide.
Celonis is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Different makes us better.