Celonis’ product design and research is part of the Product & Engineering team; We made it our mission to design and deliver consumer grade experiences and empower everybody in companies to make use of process mining and the Celonis Execution Management System. As designers and researchers we are working at the intersection of product design, business, and engineering to deliver usable and valuable solutions to our global customers.
As a Director UX Research you will lead our efforts to understand our users' needs and help us build very usable and useful enterprise products. You will build and manage a global team of experienced UX researchers, and own the overall vision and roadmap for research. You will partner with the product design and product management leadership team to set up your team for success and enable them to do their best work.
The work you’ll do
As a Director UX Research you will work with Design, Product, and Engineering leadership to develop the strategy and roadmap for all research activities: generative and evaluative, qualitative and quantitative. You will help the team grow, not only in size but also personal and professional career development.
You will establish a UX research practice, set up a legal framework for conducting research, and ensure your teams’ insights can have maximum impact on the product. You will articulate the value of UX Research to senior management and enable other stakeholders to work with research results and methodologies.
You will build meaningful relationships within and outside the product & engineering organization in order to increase our researchers' impact.
The qualifications you need
- University degree in Human-Computer-Interaction (HCI), Information Design, Communication Design, Engineering, Psychology, or similar
- Minimum of 8 years proven experience in UX research
- Minimum of 4 years proven leadership and management experience of a UX research team
- You have a strong understanding of different research methodologies and are able to communicate to teams, management and stakeholders how those can be used to answer the plethora of questions that arise in the product development process.
- You have empathy for the user, a deep understanding of user-centered design and strong analytical abilities.
- You are organized and are comfortable overseeing multiple research projects, ensuring that your team can stay focused on research
- Demonstrated ability to raise UX awareness in the team
- Demonstrated improvement of product usability
- Outstanding communication skills & fluent in English
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates your abilities
What Celonis can offer you:
- The unique opportunity to work within a new category of technology, Execution Management
- Investment in your personal growth and skill development (clear career paths, internal mobility opportunities, mentorships, yearly development stipend)
- Great compensation and benefits packages (stock options, 401(K) matching, generous time off, parental leave, and more)
- Work from home support (mindfulness tools such as Headspace, monthly remote working stipend, flexible working hours, virtual events and workshops)
- A global and growing team of Celonauts from diverse backgrounds to learn from and work with
- An open-minded culture with innovative, autonomous teams
- Employee resource communities to help you feel connected, valued and seen (Women@Celonis, Parents@Celonis, Pride@Celonis, Resilience@Celonis, and more)
- A clear set of company values that guide everything we do: Live for Customer Value, The Best Team Wins, We Own It, and Earth Is Our Future
Celonis believes that every company can unlock its full execution capacity. Powered by its market-leading process mining core, the Celonis Execution Management System provides a set of applications, and developer studio and platform capabilities for business executives and users to eliminate billions in corporate inefficiencies. Celonis has thousands of global customers and is headquartered in Munich, Germany and New York City, USA with 15 offices worldwide.
Celonis is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Different makes us better.