Celonis’ product design is part of the Product & Engineering team; We have made it our mission to design and deliver consumer grade experiences and empower everybody in companies to make use of process mining and the Celonis Execution Management System. As designers and researchers, we are working at the intersection of product design, business, and engineering to deliver usable and valuable solutions to our global customers.
As a Director Product Design, Data you will lead one of the key experiences of the EMS, Data, which enables technical users, mostly Data Engineers, to establish and scale real time data pipelines and therefore enable them to drive value with the EMS platform. You will lead a team of experienced product designers, and own the overall vision and direction for Data. You will partner with the product design leadership team to set up your team for success and enable them to do their best work.
The work you’ll do
As a Director Product Design, Data you will work with Design, Product, and Engineering leadership to develop the strategy and roadmap for all Data related products. You will help the team grow, not only in size but also personal and professional career development.
You will drive the collection of business and experience metrics that facilitate decision making and you will articulate the value of the Data Integration user experience to senior management.
You will build meaningful relationships within and outside the product & engineering organization in order to increase our designers’ impact.
The qualifications you need
- University degree in Human-Computer-Interaction (HCI), Information Design, Communication Design, Engineering, Psychology, or similar
- Minimum of 8 years proven experience in digital product design, with some exposure to data related products
- Minimum of 4 years proven leadership experience
- You have a strong understanding of interaction design, usability engineering and testing, gestalt principles, and are able to communicate to teams, management and stakeholders how those factors will influence the design process and outcomes.
- You are very familiar with usability principles and techniques and you are skilled in using common UX/UI tools for the various stages of design—wireframing and high fidelity designs, prototyping, and testing, as well as specification and documentation.
- You have empathy for the user, a deep understanding of user-centered design and strong analytical abilities.
- You are organized and are comfortable overseeing multiple design projects, ensuring that your team can stay focused on creating great experiences
- Demonstrated ability to raise UX awareness in the team
- Demonstrated improvement of product usability
- Outstanding communication skills & fluent in English
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates your abilities
What Celonis can offer you:
- The unique opportunity to work within a new category of technology, Execution Management
- Investment in your personal growth and skill development (clear career paths, internal mobility opportunities, L&D platform, mentorships, and more)
- Great compensation and benefits packages (stock options, generous time off, family leave from day one, and more)
- Mental well-being support (mindfulness tools such as Headspace, virtual events and more)
- A global and growing team of Celonauts from diverse backgrounds to learn from and work with
- An open-minded culture with innovative, autonomous teams
- Employee resource communities to help you feel connected, valued and seen (Women@Celonis, Parents@Celonis, Pride@Celonis, Resilience@Celonis, and more)
- A clear set of company values that guide everything we do: Live for Customer Value, The Best Team Wins, We Own It, and Earth Is Our Future
Celonis reveals and fixes inefficiencies businesses can’t see, enabling them to perform at levels they never thought possible. Powered by its market-leading process mining core, the Celonis Execution Management System provides a full set of platform capabilities for business executives and users to eliminate billions in corporate inefficiencies, provide better customer experience and reduce carbon emissions. Celonis has thousands of implementations with global customers and is headquartered in Munich, Germany and New York City, USA with more than 23 offices worldwide.
Celonis is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Different makes us better.