We're Celonis, the global leading Process Mining software company and one of the world's fastest-growing SaaS firms. We believe that every company can unlock its full execution capacity - and for that, we need you to join us as a Staff Quality Engineer.
At Celonis, we focus on QA as a chapter. Our chapter consistently works to improve processes across agile teams and shift testing left so that we surface quality issues early and often. We focus on integrating our toolsets and examining our processes to make sure we don’t have any more manual effort than necessary, that our documentation is sufficient but also lean, and that our work is repeatable. In addition, we work individually as embedded members of agile teams to do the day-to-day work of testing strategy, execution, and automation. You’ll work with the team to ensure this product is clear, easy to use, and high quality.
As a Staff Quality Engineer, you have a keen understanding of what it takes to deliver a high quality product as well as strengths in the area of automation coding and delivery. You are responsible for the overall effort to ensure that all innovations from our development team will be implemented in the right way in our software, including the creation and monitoring of automated tests. You are not bothered by getting your hands dirty with manual testing, but you are bothered enough by repetitive tasks to think creatively about how to not have to repeat them again. You believe in doing the job well but you also understand the balance between elegant solutions, time to market, and product quality. In this role you support our core developers by ensuring a high quality of our Celonis Intelligent Business Cloud. On the other side, you are the link between development and product management.
The work you’ll do:
- Operate independently as an embedded member of an agile team, consistently advocating to push quality left and drive customer satisfaction of our product offerings.
- Own responsibility for one or more complex areas of testing.
- Deliver robust, complete test coverage with minimal overlap.
- Drive high quality test coverage in the team, ensuring definition of done includes minimal but sufficient automation and recognize the level of automation necessary to reach the goals.
- Collaborate across the QA Chapter, mentoring other team members and contributing to efforts to improve overall process and quality.
- Live by data not opinions, ensuring your agile team consistently meets auditability goals and that your team KPIs reflect the truth of overall quality status.
The qualifications you need:
- 9+ yrs in experience as QA Automation Engineer (As expert role or Team Lead hands on)
- Exhibit deep knowledge and understanding of the Agile development process and best QA practices.
- Have experience with bug tracking and test repository software.
- Experience delivering tests in Cypress/Selenium/Playwright or similar tools. Python and/or SQL knowledge is a plus.
- Complete understanding and command of API testing and manipulation.
- Experience creating low-maintenance automation that provides high value, where feature coverage is easily understood.
- Knowledge of data driven testing concepts.
- Experience with minimizing duplication of testing layers and a deep understanding of what should be tested at each layer.
- Experience with CI/CD processes.
What Celonis can offer you:
- The unique opportunity to work within a new category of technology, Execution Management
- Investment in your personal growth and skill development (clear career paths, internal mobility opportunities, mentorships, yearly development stipend)
- Great compensation and benefits packages (stock options, 401(K) matching, generous time off, parental leave, and more)
- Work from home support (mindfulness tools such as Headspace, flexible working hours, virtual events and workshops)
- A global and growing team of Celonauts from diverse backgrounds to learn from and work with
- An open-minded culture with innovative, autonomous teams
- Employee resource communities to help you feel connected, valued and seen (Women@Celonis, Parents@Celonis, Pride@Celonis, Resilience@Celonis, and more)
- A clear set of company values that guide everything we do: Live for Customer Value, The Best Team Wins, We Own It, and Earth Is Our Future
Celonis believes that every company can unlock its full execution capacity. Powered by its market-leading process mining core, the Celonis Execution Management System provides a set of applications, and developer studio and platform capabilities for business executives and users to eliminate billions in corporate inefficiencies. Celonis has thousands of global customers and is headquartered in Munich, Germany and New York City, USA with 15 offices worldwide.
Celonis is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Different makes us better.