Corporate Development Manager
We're Celonis, the global leading Process Mining software company and one of the world's fastest-growing SaaS firms. We believe that every company can unlock its full execution capacity - and for that, we need you to join us as a Corporate Development Manager.
Inorganic growth will be a key element of our overall growth strategy and in ensuring we have the best team and technology in Execution Management. The corporate development team is responsible for executing and driving Celonis’s inorganic growth strategy. This includes sourcing, evaluating, negotiating, and executing M&A and strategic investment opportunities. In this role, you will collaborate with senior executives and business unit leaders on our M&A strategy, develop investment themes on new markets, propose investment ideas, and work with product teams to evaluate potential acquisition targets.
You will quarterback the investment and M&A process, working closely with functional leaders across finance, legal, sales, tax and HR to build financial models, drive due diligence, develop internal investment memos and presentations, and collaborate with the PMI team to help define a robust integration plan.
The work you'll do:
- Drive the execution of acquisitions and strategic investments, including sourcing opportunities, assembling market landscapes, performing financial analysis, and coordinating all aspects of due diligence in partnership with senior team members
- Partner with business unit leaders on strategy development, including identifying product gaps, evaluating build/buy/partner options, collaborating on target selection criteria as well as the evaluating of inbound M&A opportunities
- Establish a robust understanding of new markets, industry trends, competitive positioning, and emerging companies and translate into actionable data
- Develop a network of industry contacts, venture capital firms and investment banks/advisory firms to increase Celonis’s ability to identify and source opportunities
- Contribute to improving the corporate development team by enhancing existing processes and recruiting and developing new team members.
The qualifications you need:
- 4-6 years of professional technology industry experience in investment banking, venture capital private equity and/or corporate development
- Undergraduate degree from a top-tier university in Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Engineering or similar discipline.
- MBA, CPA or CFA is desirable.
- Good understanding of enterprise software and the industries in which Celonis competes
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, including the ability to craft investment memos and presentations.
- Intellectual curiosity and strong analytical, problem-solving skills, along with experience in building financial or decision-support models.
- Ability to multi-task effectively, working in team environments or independently.
- Ability to manage complex projects, workstreams, and other priorities under pressure, while maintaining high attention to detail.
- Demonstrate creativity and the ability to collaborate across a wide-range of teams to create interesting and relevant content and messaging.
What Celonis can offer you:
- The unique opportunity to work within a new category of technology, Execution Management
- Investment in your personal growth and skill development (clear career paths, internal mobility opportunities, mentorships, yearly development stipend)
- Great compensation and benefits packages (stock options, 401(K) matching, generous time off, parental leave, and more)
- Work from home support (mindfulness tools such as Headspace, monthly remote working stipend, flexible working hours, virtual events and workshops)
- A global and growing team of Celonauts from diverse backgrounds to learn from and work with
- An open-minded culture with innovative, autonomous teams
- Employee resource communities to help you feel connected, valued and seen (Women@Celonis, Parents@Celonis, Pride@Celonis, Resilience@Celonis, and more)
- A clear set of company values that guide everything we do: Live for Customer Value, The Best Team Wins, We Own It, and Earth Is Our Future
Celonis believes that every company can unlock its full execution capacity. Powered by its market-leading process mining core, the Celonis Execution Management System provides a set of applications, and developer studio and platform capabilities for business executives and users to eliminate billions in corporate inefficiencies. Celonis has thousands of global customers and is headquartered in Munich, Germany and New York City, USA with 15 offices worldwide.
Celonis is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Different makes us better.